Admission is decided by the head of the school, within the limits of places available, and on the basis of the enrollment file, in accordance with the rules governing the school’s approval.
The college admits the students in the following order of priority:
- French and French-Israeli children ;
- children from another AEFE school ;
- Francophone children of foreign nationality ;
- Israeli children ;
- non-French-speaking children of foreign nationality.
In the case of non-French-speaking pupils, an admission examination may be submitted for final registration.
- Kindergarten sections (cycle 1: primary learners) are open to children who have completed 3 years of age on September 1 of the current year.
- Children who are 3 years old between September 1 and December 31 of the current year will be accepted based on availability.
- Children who have reached 2 years of age on the day of the beginning of the school year may also be admitted, provided they are physically and psychologically ready to attend the school, in particular provided they have acquired sufficient bodily cleanliness.
- Children who are 5 years of age at the beginning of the school year or, at the extreme, 5 years of age on 31 December of the current year, are admitted to « Grande Section ».
- Admitted children in primary sections, and in the corresponding cycle 2 or cycle 3 division, are children who have reached the prescribed age of the class.
- Integration in lower grades for reasons of lack of fluency of French can only be exceptional and linked to the prior agreement of the adviser of cooperation and cultural action.
- An integration in a higher class than that corresponding to the age of the child will also be exceptional and will depend on an interview with the school management and psychologist and / or a series of pedagogical tests.
- An integration of a student from an AEFE institution submitted to the « SOUTH CALENDAR » will be studied under the same conditions as above, in order to propose the best continuation of schooling.
Admission into secondary sections depends on the academic record (results obtained during the course of schooling) and on the decision of admission to the upper class for a pupil of French public education. If the student comes from an institution not approved by the French Ministry of Education, he / she will have to pass an aptitude test for entry into the desired class.
In all cases, since the school’s schooling is organized in French, a language test may be required to verify the pupil’s competencies and propose an intensive learning environment either in-house or with the French Institute (to be borne by the family).
A pupil is definitively registered only when the first registration fee is paid. This first registration fee is NIS 3,000 and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Tuition fees are payable in advance, quarterly, and within 15 days of sending the corresponding invoice. These rights are in no case refundable. Any failure to pay on the dates indicated, except with the prior agreement of the treasurer of the committee, entails the sending of a single reminder setting a deadline for the expected settlement (family recovery costs). Any failure to pay after this notice to pay entails the automatic removal of the pupil from the college. Attendance, even temporary, involves payment of the full quarter.
The fee for school supplies is payable in advance at the enrollment of the student. They cover the supplies that the college puts at the disposal of the pupils:
- in kindergarten sections: pedagogical and play materials, artistic expression equipment, motor skills;
- in primary sections: notebooks, books and manuals, material for artistic expression;
- in secondary sections: binders, sheets and notebooks.
School bags, bags, kits and accessories, as well as textbooks in the secondary cycle, are the responsibility of the families
The extracurricular activities are organized according to an agenda which is communicated to the families as of June. Registration for extracurricular activities is subject to a fee. Any change of extracurricular activity is only possible after agreement of the management and according to the places available. Any discontinuance of an extracurricular activity during the quarter which is not motivated by an imperative necessity (with the agreement of the management) does not entail any reimbursement.
Educational activities can be organized in addition to classics. These activities can include visits to sites and museums, school trips to natural sites, participation in cultural events, etc. As far as possible, these activities are organized on school time, with the agreement of the management of the college, which has been informed by the teachers involved in the project. In all cases, all complementary educational activities are announced to families. They are not in principle liable to refuse on their part. In the case of an exit beyond the obligatory school time, an authorization will be asked to the families who can refuse, by motivating their choice, to let their child accompany his class.
In all cases, the costs of these additional educational activities will be borne by the families, the college doing everything possible to minimize the share of funding requested from parents.
Students who wish to study a language or subject matter not taught at the college may do so through the CNED. The registration fees and the rehearsal fees are the responsibility of the parents.
A secondary school catering service is available to families. It is subject to a contract whose specifications and validation is the responsibility of the committee which consults the management for opinion. This service is payable for families who will pay the canteen fees at the beginning of each month. Any month begun is due: if a family wishes to withdraw their child from the canteen, it must serve it in writing to the committee which will financially endorse its decision at the end of the month.
Strengthening of language teaching will take place in the open school on Sunday, which takes place from 8.30 am to 3.30 pm and includes 3 hours of language courses (Hebrew or English, depending on the student’s choice), 2-3 hours of art classes with an experienced art teacher and a class of additional physical and sports activities (Krav Maga or Kapuera) that will take place in the Neve Tsedek Matnas. Children are divided into 2 age groups (GS-CE1, CE2-6).
The fee for this Sunday school will be 130 NIS per day (including lunch) and 30 additional NIS for those interested in Kapuera class. Due to the nature of the studies, sporadic arrivals will not be permitted and pre-registration for each quarter will be requested.
The service of Keitana for the youngest children of PS and MS with the same operating mode of this year (book of 8, same cost and activity) will also be assured.
Terms of payment
The amounts invoiced by the college are due upon receipt of the invoice. Invoices can be paid by check in shekels to the order of French college Marc Chagall, in cash in shekels, by bank transfer in shekels (bank details available on request from the secretariat) or by bank transfer in euros (bank details available on request from the secretariat), in which case the exchange rate used and indicated on the invoice will be that of the Chancellery of the Consulate of France in Tel Aviv.
Conditions for the remittance and reimbursement of costs
The policy of the college is to propose the best educational offer possible by adjusting the fees charged to families at the most reasonable. In all cases, families have the option of requesting discounts that will be reviewed by the committee based on an evaluation grid provided to families on request. This remittance is always personal and unique: each file is therefore treated individually and is the subject of a collegial decision of the members of the committee. It is recalled that the families can make use of the institutional aids which are proposed, under social conditions, by the Consulate General of France (eg scholarships). In all cases, families are encouraged to contact the appropriate consular services.
When to register
Timetable and procedures
The Director is available to parents intending to enroll their child in the college to meet them or for a telephone interview.
Entries for the beginning of September are open from the beginning of January.
Applications must be received by the secretariat no later than the end of April.
The notice of admission will be communicated to the families by e-mail from the month of April for the beginning of September or one month before the student’s return for the arrivals during the year.
Registration forms are available to families in the secretariat of the management or by downloading the attached file. Registration is final only when the following documents have been deposited and validated by the secretariat together with the first registration fee:
- the registration form provided by the school;
- an extract of birth certificate or copy of the family record book;
- the certificate of compulsory vaccinations in Israel;
- non-refundable registration fees;
- a copy of the divorce decree specifying which of the parents has custody of the child (if applicable);
- a copy of the pages of the student’s passport and the date of validity of the passport
- the school record (booklet, assessment form, etc.) for pupils from another school.
The place is reserved for 15 days from the start or the date of arrival indicated by the parents.
On the final departure of the pupil, the school head must be informed in good time (at least one month before the date of departure). The EXEAT (certificate of cancellation) will be delivered with the school record by the enrollment office once the family is in good standing with the school’s accounting.